Friday, May 9, 2008

Budi the Prankster




Baba while introducing me to others has a favourite line “Ami Budi ke pushinee, Budi amake pusheche”. He wants to say that he is not Budi’s master, but that Budi is his master. If you look at him with a question mark, he would explain...

“Budi decides how much sleep is good for my health. At the crack of dawn, he emerges from his den, jumps on the bed, sniffs me all over my body with his wet nose and then pulls my hand from the shoulder joint. If I turn on the other side to avoid him, presto, he would be there jumping across my body, pawing my face, making it impossible for me to linger in the bed. I have to give him assurance -uthchi re baba uthchi.

It is walking time and Budi is ready to take me out. Out on the road, I merely have the leash in my hand - its Budi who leads me and I just have to follow him.

Back home, we both wait for the newspaper. Everyone knows how irritated and restless I feel on the days the newspaper does not come because of a holiday in the office. I want to unroll the paper first, for its crisp feeling and smell of the newsprint. Thak! the paper hits the balcony floor. We both run to catch it. Budi wins. I am sixty plus, no match for Budi's agility. He runs away with it, making me chase him pleading -Budi, good boy, give it to me.

My pleadings fall on deaf ears. He disappears under the far corner of the bed. I fall pray to his blackmailing tactics. I throw a piece of chocolate, an éclair, a salami or a cocktail sausage - whichever is available at that moment, on the floor. Budi comes out stealthily to take it. That is my moment. I make a dash to retrieve the news paper but alas it has lost its crispness with teeth marks here and there. This is the price I have to pay for adopting the tile khocchor"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound very proud of your deeds boodi boo....

Anonymous said...

Whatever Baba may call me, I am his loving child and at liberty to do what I like. Baba knows my likes and dislikes regarding food. He knows when its time to go buying bones for me so that I can have a hearty meal of bone stew which Ma specially cooks for me.

Anonymous said...

Boodi boo, I read in the interent that chocolates are forbidden food for the dog community in general. Check this link http://www.buzzle.com/articles/dogs-and-chocolate.html

And you blackmail baba to get them! I am not too proud of you for this. What is your take on the matter?

Anonymous said...

In my little budi boo's defence I would like to point out to you AD that you are the culprit who is chiefly responsible for getting him addicted to chocolates. Who fills her pockets with chocolates before entering through the door to fool little boo and divert his attention??

Anonymous said...

Next time I am getting a bunch of spinach, you better get used to spinach, Boodi boo!

Anonymous said...

Boodi Boo I like chocolates tooo. When I miss you, I go and freak out on chocolates and think that Boodi Boo is eating them with me....

Anonymous said...

Babi didi your comment came as a great surprise to me. I will answer you in my next bulletin. Just wait. And please don't make me eat spinach like a cow, God created me for chewing bones. OK? Babi didi...