Friday, January 18, 2008

Budi United With Family

January 5th, 2005

Life was moving pretty fast. I was only two month’s old, separated from my three siblings and my natural mother. The house where I was received was a nice one, absolutely clutter less. Just as I was leaving my mark on the floor expressing my approval (read soosoo) Baba announced that taxi had come. Ma picked me up in her lap and started climbing down the staircase. Baba handed over the keys of the house to a stranger, picked up the luggage and followed us. Soon we were traveling to some destination, about which I had no idea. I could sense Ma looking relieved, as if some heavy weight was off her shoulders. My sixth sense was telling me that they were going to enter a new phase of their lives, with a new addition, which was me.

We reached Delhi. Babi didi had come to receive us at the station. After handing over the piece of luggage to Baba, when Ma finally appeared at the door with me in her lap, Babi didi looked suspiciously at Ma, she had been in touch with Ma till the end and I had been no where in the picture. It took Ma some time to convince her that I was a new member of the family, acquired legitimately, not kidnapped. Babi didi still was not fully convinced. She must have transmitted the news to Runu didi, for Runu didi entered the house after some time, looking in all direction. All this while, I was hiding behind Baba who was having a nap after lunch. As I got a new scent - I peeped from Baba’s back, our eyes met. She let out a scream “how cute!” with a big smile. At last Babi didi smiled too. Thus I came to know my new family.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No no no budiboo, you are forgetting meeee - you have not met me yet.....

Anonymous said...

Budi boo had already met you through me. I had shown him pictures of you and your long pigtail and taught him what all he could do with it. When you saw him first you were not a stranger to him.

Urmila said...

Chotudidi, my sixth sense was telling me that my family was still not complete, but I promised myself - to make a jhooribhaja of whoever it was when we meet

Anonymous said...

Boodi boo is it very cold these days, heard that you meditate all alone in Babi didi's room?

KD said...

budiboo, so what happened next in your diary?

KD said...

Budiboo, what about your first train journey? How did you like it?