Friday, February 15, 2008

Budi gets his vaccines

5th January, 2005

A new phase of my life started. I have mixed feelings about this period as I faced a lot of red eyes at the same time love and cuddling which confused and overwhelmed me. On top of everything I was kept in confinement, my fault was that I was not yet three month’s old and not fit for outings. During this period Ma put me into rigorous training so that I form bathroom habits. My pee was soaked with news paper and put in the bathroom. All my activities were spied upon. Every time I felt like peeing and tried to squat on the floor an alarm was raised and I was bodily lifted, half way through my natural act and shut up in the bathroom which seemed ages to me. I was so much unnerved by the whole drama that I decided to learn what was taught to me. It happened for my good as I got lots of toys, balloons and petting in reward.

At last the “D” day arrived. A taxi was called Baba and Ma took me to a clinic. It was full of dogs of every size, breed and age. Some were as big as lambs and some had slack muscles - looking old and sick. Another one who was in labour pain was being given anesthesia for an emergency operation. I was the smallest, cutest and healthiest creature there. Come to take only my vaccination! The vet gave me a reassuring smile as if saying - don’t be afraid baby, I will push it in very gently. Baba was holding me tightly, I submitted myself to my fate, what else could I do.

My ID card was made and I officially became Budi Dutta.

5 comments:

KD said...

Budi Dutta, its fun reading your side of the story. Oh - all those days, when we had to be on watch so that we could lock you up in the bathroom at the correct moment! I always suspected that you derived a lot of fun from harassing us by doing precisely that - which you should not. You were and still are - the most innocent looking mischevious brat!

Unknown said...

Budi Dutta I must tell you this - I visited khan market on saturday and since i was there, walked into the pet shop and did you know who i met there? a little golden labrador all of two months old jumping like you in his enclosure. he reminded me of you. he was sitting there trying to charm and hypnotise gullible people like me. i was only saved by his price tag. i didnt have 15,000/- to spare :( well ok you can hunt in my bag when i come and you might find something there which would surely interest you.

Anonymous said...

In anticipation of taking a puppy, I had booked our ticket on Rajdhani express, First class coach,as one can take his puppy along with him. As usual I had ordered a non veg. dinner for us. When dinner arrived with chicken as the main course, the unnamed puppy proved to be a glutton. He devoured chicken with relish, most probably for the first time in his life (he was only two months old). During the night his young stomach could not bear the burden of the chicken and so, he vomited it out. I had to tip the coach attendant heavily to get the towel cleaned,which I had used for cleaning the mess.

Afivesecondsbloghopperturnedblogger said...

This is very interesting. Baba how come you had planned so much in anticipation - booked Rajdhami tickets - and Ma didnt know anything about it???

Anonymous said...

Your Ma was so busy haggling with the customers, while disposing off the old furniture that she did not give any thought to my buying first class tickets in anticipation of carrying a dog. When the puppy arrived, she was so captivated by its docile and forlorn look that she immediately lapped it up and in her excitement carried it downstairs. The neighbors asked her whether he was "Raja’s son".