Friday, February 29, 2008

My First Social Visit

After the days of my confinement were over, Babi didi planned a social visit for me. One sunday she gave me a good bath, brushed my hair, took a rikshaw and started on her journey with my toys, my pee mop and me in her lap. I noticed people staring and laughing at her strange bag and baggage.

We reached a house. I was introduced to a big motherly looking thing called Kiyara. It was love at first sight for her. She adopted me as her son and overwhelmed me with her affection. There was a little boy in that house with whom I played hide'n seek, but our fetching game would not proceed smoothly as I would become too possessive about my loot and refused to part with it. When I smelled food, I abandoned my play. As Baba has said I am a glutton, I came running to eat, but Babi didi dissappointed me by not letting me eat my fill, lest I spoil her reputation as well as mine.

When I was six months old, one day I noticed great excitement in the house. Ma was cooking special meal for the evening and Babididi as usual was busy dusting, changing bed linen and creating confusion with her hectic activity. At about four in the afternoon a taxi stopped in front of our house. Runudidi shouted "Chotu eshegache" and ran down to recieve her. Then they came up dragging a heavy suitcase. So this was Chotudidi, who had been dodging me all these days. I decided to take my revenge. But Chotu didi was laughing deliriously. As soon as she settled down, I pounced upon her and within minutes she was devasted, all her hair was out of her long chutiva, hanging in front of her face, but she kept on laughing and laughing.

1 comment:

Absolutely Serendipitous said...

Boodi, i got to say this..your blog is super entertaining.Keep updating your blog, and yeah...thanks for making me your didi.